Wednesday 10 May 2017

A Week in the Yorkshire Dales

I am away for a few days in the North of England. Whilst I was in hospital over the Christmas and New Year period, I often thought of walking in the Dales again as a way of keeping my spirits higher than otherwise might have been the case.

So here I am.. some 4 months later and doing one of my very favourite things (apart from listening to the radio). I am going on a long train journey tomorrow and combining that with a walk in the Lake District. 

The cottage where I am staying has wall to wall electrical noise all over the radio emanating from somewhere. Suffice to say I have not heard a free SW or MW station broadcast whilst here. 

I will not resort to reporting what I can hear on any of the Web SDRs, so apologies but there will be no logs for a few days. I hope to be back on the radio by next Monday the 15th May. 

In the meantime, share with me another of my passions.. railways.


This steam train is an ex-British Railways locomotive, number 48151 at Dent station with an enthusiasts special en route to Carlisle.

I did log one radio station later this evening:

1625 @ 2123 Vrolijke Mijnwerker - 35333 Chatting in Dutch and playing instrumental & Dutch music.

(A index = 6, K index = 1 @ 1922 UTC)

No comments:

Post a Comment